Certified Scrum Developer
March 26,27 & April 2,3 2021
- Two trainers! Four half days! High Fives!
- Interactive virtual experience!
- Games, breakouts and networking!
- Learn from the best minds in development agility!
- Expand your career opportunities!
- Engage with a community of Scrum experts!
- (Includes a 2-year membership with Scrum Alliance)
About Our Trainers:
Ivan Biddles is a CSM and CSD with over 30 years experience as a dedicated, detail-oriented technology leader with mastery managing projects and teams as well as hands-on implementation of the latest technologies for web and mobile application development on diverse platforms.
He has successfully utilized and implemented Agile and Scrum methodologies during his many years of experience at the CTO/VP/Director level as well as in Software, Solutions and Enterprise Architecture, and hands-on design and development.
He has worked in start-up companies as well as Fortune 500 companies like IBM, Toyota, Westinghouse, Allstate, Dean-Witter Discover, Bell South, Singer, and General Motors. He used many of the agile concepts – such as self-organized, dedicated teams; test-driven and incremental development; and short, releasable cycles (sprints) – in the late 80s and early 90s, even before those concepts were formalized.
As a principal developer, Ivan programmed commercial and military flight simulators and even contributed code to the NASA Space Shuttle landing simulator. He was a key member of the IBM OS/2 development team, owning and programming some of the foundational components which were later used by Microsoft as the basis of Windows NT.
Sherman Gomberg is passionate about bringing Agile and Scrum to individuals and their organizations.
Sherman has obtained his CSM, A-CSM, CSPO, CSD, CSP-SM, CSP-PO and REP. He is also a Project Management Professional (PMP) and Agile Coach (ICP-ACC). He strives on helping clients achieve their Strategy and Vision.
Sherman has over twenty years of consulting and coaching experience from conceptualization to creativity through to developing applications and websites.
Sherman has lead PMO/Program/Project Management/Product Development, Interactive/Social Marketing, Lead Management, Business Intelligence and Creative Design. He has a passion for matching best practice processes, creativity and technology to deploy world class results.
Sherman areas of expertise are with Information Architecture, Business Analysis, Program / Project Management, Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Training, Coaching and Webinar.
We Make Certification Fun!
What Students have said:
- “I couldn’t have wished for a better training session” – Yuegu
- “The combination of two instructors from different background creates this rich source of knowledge that you can leverage while going through the training session.” – Sevak
- “They did a great job of keeping all students engaged throughout the course with plenty of interactive exercises and practical examples of how to apply Scrum techniques in various contexts.” – Steve
- “…the atmosphere was upbeat and energetic, and the whole adventure was rewarding,” – Kirill
This four-day course is fully approved by the Scrum Alliance as the main component of the Certified Scrum Developer® certification. This is primarily a programming course and not just a series of presentations and discussions.
Attendees should have some programming experience and should use a laptop during the class.
It is beneficial to have some knowledge about Scrum and it is expected for you to have read the “Scrum Guide” on www.scrumguides.org prior to class.
What You’ll Learn
Certified Scrum Developer® class contains a good balance of theory and practice. We go through the core of Agile and Scrum principles, looking at Scrum from a Developer point of view and build a working product using Agile, Scrum, and technical practices.
- Scrum Principles – for the Scrum Developer
- Agile Values – from the Scrum Developer perspective
- Architecture and Design – principals, practices and patterns for an Agile environment
- Extreme Programing (XP)
- Collaboration – working as a team, including the customer, pair, and mob programming
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) – as a design approach, the red-green-refactor cycle, qualities of a good test, and measuring test effectiveness
- Acceptance Test-Driven Development
- Refactoring – when to refactor, refactoring for maintainability, refactoring to patterns
- Continuous Integration – single-command builds, build automation, single source repository, automated deployment, continuous delivery
This course satisfies the CSD Technical Course requirements for both Certified Scrum Developer® tracks:
- CSM® Course (2 days) if taught by a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST®)
- CSD Technical Course (must include coding) (21 hours)
- Introduction to Scrum (1 day)
- CSD Technical Course (must include coding) (21 hours)
- Technical Elective (1 day)
Students seeking a Scrum Alliance CSD certificate can complete either track to earn certification.Thus, upon completing this course, current Certified Scrum Masters® will be immediately eligible to be awarded the certification of Certified Scrum Developer®. Others become eligible upon completing a one-day Introduction to Scrum course and a one-day Technical Elective, both available through Scrum Adventures, or by completing the Certified Scrum Master® course and examination.
Virtual Class Information
Our class will be held using Zoom.
You’ll receive an email prior to class with the Zoom link for the class, resources, a few things we’ll need before the class, and login information for our cool tools.
Please be prepared to have you camera on during all of the training (don’t be shy, you’ll look great!). 🙂
This course earns 24 PDUs
This course earns 24 Scrum Education Units (SEU®) with Scrum Alliance®. SEUs can be used for earning and renewing your CSP®, CEC, and or CST®.
Scrum Education Units
Earning SEUs and Renewing Certifications